WELCOME to my first blog!

Welcome! I am glad to say that this is my first blog. You are welcome to comment on the various educational technologies that I will post information on in the next few weeks. There are links to the various technologies so that you can view samples of how each of the technologies work. Enjoy!

I hope that this will help me and you increase the use of technology in the classroom to enhance our students learning.


Sunday, November 27, 2011

Update on Loyola Internship

Well, I have to say that I am glad that the greater majority of the OMMN staff is receptive to learning new technologies. After reading some of the survey comments from my first PD session, I would have liked to have included items pertaining to specific content, but time constraints prevented me to do so. Also, almost half of the staff was out that day, which was a let down. However, it was mandatory meetings for most of them and could not be avoided. Thankfully, a great number of staff members emailed me or spoke with me about their let down in missing the P.D. session.

The first follow-up work time session with them was the following Monday. It was the last Monday before student-led conferences, so many could not attend. I had 3 come to it, but many asked when my next session was going to be. I am not sure if the teachers are just willing to learn new technologies for the sake of differentiation or if they already understand the benefits of using technology to help differentiate. Hopefully my next session in a couple of weeks will help me to understand more thoroughly what the staff's needs are regarding using technology to Differentiate Instruction. Thankfully, the special education department chair is willing to pay stipends to those staying after to create such lessons and I will be given copies of the created lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment