WELCOME to my first blog!

Welcome! I am glad to say that this is my first blog. You are welcome to comment on the various educational technologies that I will post information on in the next few weeks. There are links to the various technologies so that you can view samples of how each of the technologies work. Enjoy!

I hope that this will help me and you increase the use of technology in the classroom to enhance our students learning.


Monday, July 19, 2010

Blog Reflection

So far, I find that keeping this blog has helped me. I have been able to keep track of websites, my thoughts of the websites, and I can link my own example with each blog post.

If students were to use a blog, they could also use the blog a reflection piece. A lot of times, teachers rack their brain to try and figure out why students cannot remember material over a few weeks or any extended period of time. If students were to keep a blog, they have their OWN location online where they are able to keep track of any in-class discussion or project that they have made. Within the curriculum for the Middle Years Programme, "reflection" is a big part of it for our students. If students are able to keep a blog, they can reflect on daily or long-term projects using a blog. Also, between 6th grade to 10th grade, students have to create and maintain and change a "personal project" for the school's curriculum. A blog like this can allow for any student to maintain a project and reflect on a long-term project. Technically, a blog can easily be changed, posts can be deleted and comments can be added. Teachers could add comments about student-created projects and help students increase their own standards for their academic career. Technically, students can learn how to maintain a webpage, with the majority of the blogspot already designed for them. They can relate to this format because it is similar to a facebook or Myspace page (which they most likely already have online). However, keeping an educational blog could allow the students to expand their knowledge of what the Internet can really do to further their academics.

I'm glad that this was one of our required projects to complete for ET 630. I can use my blog as reference and (as long as I receive the AACPS training) could eventually use this technology with my own students.

No comments:

Post a Comment