WELCOME to my first blog!

Welcome! I am glad to say that this is my first blog. You are welcome to comment on the various educational technologies that I will post information on in the next few weeks. There are links to the various technologies so that you can view samples of how each of the technologies work. Enjoy!

I hope that this will help me and you increase the use of technology in the classroom to enhance our students learning.


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blogging- In general



Please click on the video clip above. As you can see, there is a lot to blogging. I used to think that it was just for people to sit around and write online, like a journal. However, there is so much more to it. I keep finding more and more that I like about it. I wish I was able to do this with my students because this is a type of technology that students would enjoy. Many students have difficulty participating in class, but with blogging, they would be more apt to participating online with a blog. It is a little intimidating for new-time users, but with some training, many people would quickly adapt to the technology it has to offer.

I'm so glad that this was one of our projects because otherwise I would not have tried keeping my own blog. I used to think it was a waste of time, but I'm finding that it is easier for myself to write down or upload examples so that I can remember what technologies I have been using; in the future I could do the same with my students. However, I need the AACPS blog training first.

Many other eudcators and writers have thoughts about the benefits or negatives of blogs. For example, Tom Johnson, a technical writer from NIU write in his blog I'd Rather Be Writing a number of comments and links to articles in regards to his thoughts about blogging. This blog may spark your interest as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment