WELCOME to my first blog!

Welcome! I am glad to say that this is my first blog. You are welcome to comment on the various educational technologies that I will post information on in the next few weeks. There are links to the various technologies so that you can view samples of how each of the technologies work. Enjoy!

I hope that this will help me and you increase the use of technology in the classroom to enhance our students learning.


Thursday, July 15, 2010

To use Google or Not to use Google- that is the question...



I decided to include a Google Form from Google Docs when I worked on my Critical Literacy Project for ET 630. I found it somewhat difficult to complete. Not because the technology was difficult to use, but because there is a wide variety of questions that students can be asked in this form. There are not just short answer or multiple choice that students are accustomed to because of standardized testing. This form allows checkboxes, true or false, multiple choice, and more to use as questions. Due to this fact, I had more options for the students to answer as a question, so it was difficult for me to decide what questions to ask the students.

I only had a few difficult technology problems because I could not figure out how to upload it in the survey form instead of the spreadsheet form (which it automatically does for you). Thankfully, the spreadsheet option is calculated for you when it is submitted. This is a nice feature for teachers because I can easily keep track of data. Too many times I try to develop a formative assessment to determine how much re-teaching I need to provide for my students or what kind of enrichment my students need for different concepts. This is very time consuming for planning, but if collaborated with other teachers as well, one formative assessment can be given and receive data results quickly using the Google Form. I hope to use this with my students prior to testing, including using it as a form of pre-testing throughout the upcoming school year.

View this Google Form.

1 comment:

  1. Although I am posting on my own blog- it is about my video clip. I tried to post it along with this blog, but it is not working! Any ideas on how to fix it?

    ReplyDelete