WELCOME to my first blog!

Welcome! I am glad to say that this is my first blog. You are welcome to comment on the various educational technologies that I will post information on in the next few weeks. There are links to the various technologies so that you can view samples of how each of the technologies work. Enjoy!

I hope that this will help me and you increase the use of technology in the classroom to enhance our students learning.


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love my Wiki!

I am really enjoying my wikispace. I keep finding different things that I can use it for with my students. For example, I decided to include my wikispace within the Critical Information Literacy Project for ET630. My students would be able to reply on the discussion board concerning which website they believed was the most credible website for their posed guiding question.

Also, I was able to add pages on to my wikispace so that I can organize each section of the wikispace for my students. This way my students are able to easily access each assignment or piece of information with whatever topic we are discussing in class. I think that if the wikispace is organized well, my students will be able to review items or access their homework quickly. Currently I use a Blackboard account through the county/ school where students access their homework assignments. I am able to upload documents onto the Blackboard websites, but unless my students understand to click and keep clicking to find the uploaded documents, they are unaware that they are posted on the site. I think that organizing separate pages with the wikispace can show the students that they are able to access anything that they need for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment